The ultimate server room in a box
The new Dell PowerEdge VRTX brings converged data center functionality and performance right into your office environment in a tower-sized box bursting with incredible features. By integrating blade servers, storage and networking in an impressively quiet-running enclosure, users can enjoy the functionality of a server-room setup without the space and infrastructure requirements.
Need to Know; the new Dell PowerEdge VTRX
- Why it’s taking the IT world by storm
The compact yet very scalable all-in-one blade server with integrated storage and networking bolstered by unique technologies that distinguish it from its less impressive competitors. Here are some of its excellent selling points:
- The VRTX is incredibly quiet even when hard pushed, coming with redundant power as standard and room for up to four blades altogether.
- Fully scalable, the maximum capacity is 48TB with a variety of sizing configurations available.
- Instead of a SAN there’s a new PERC8 RAID controller on the VRTX motherboard, which can be shared by the blades for direct access to the storage in the chassis. The shared PERC8 is also certified for use with VMware and Hyper-V hypervisors.
- Storage is virtualized and treated as local as far as the blades are concerned
- All VRTX blades have access to PCIe expansion and networking, with eight PCIe slots available on the enclosure motherboard. Each of these can be individually assigned to any of the four blades to, for example, connect to a fiber channel SAN without having to add mezzanine cards onto the blades themselves.
- Networking is managed by an integrated Layer 2 switch with 16 internal ports to connect to the blades via the backplane and 8 for external connectivity. It has link aggregation, VLAN, QoS and other extensions built in.
- Dell management facilities, with iDRAC controllers on the blades plus an independent Chassis Management Controller (CMC) provide oversight and management of all the VRTX components.
Perfect for small, medium and large organizations
Initially positioned as an affordable all-in-one solution for small to medium-sized companies where the alternative would be two or more standalone servers alongside separate storage and networking products, many large companies are deploying it as an affordable solution to branch office needs, facilitate private cloud and virtual desktop deployments.
System 5 and Dell VRTX
Call System 5 today to find out more about the compact, affordable, scalable and flexible Dell VRTX‘s: 011 317 7120.